Monday, January 17, 2011

I am a true Patriotist ….A Saga of Sarcasm

I am back…!!

Recently, over dinner with friends we had a discussion on true patriotisms?? – As usual no body knows how our conversation went all the way from office gossips to national patriotism J
We were five and interestingly all of us expressed that I AM A TRUE PATRIOTIST.

Great!! Superb reason to celebrate!!

We have ordered a huge chunk of food (Due to some personal grounds I can’t tell what we have ordered…:))


In a packed restaurant, we understood that we need to kill a lot of time before having a glance over what we have ordered.

So I took an initiative for justifying ourselves about “WHY WE ARE TRUE PARIOTIST? “ (3 guys resisted, but I didn’t allow them to sit peacefully)

I know all of four guys very well over past couple of years. I know their character, behavior, commitments ……..except their secret savings, market shares and GFs J

I started saying that, what I am mentioning about "me" & "I" here will applicable to all of you guys. They said yessss….....

Here I go……..
Patriotism doesn’t mean that, we have to join the army and fight for the country/people, but we have to be a liable citizen to obligate our responsibilities towards the development of country and we have to commit to respect the integrity of our own country.

It was well received and I got a round of applause by all with an OOOOOOOOOOOhhhh sound!! J

I continued,

Am a well educated guy and working for one of the top notch MNC, So I am no where a yoke to my country, in fact I am an ingredient of countries development as I am away from the statistics of Illiteracy and unemployment – As obvious,  am a true patriot ,I am helping my country to grow.

Great!! Seems this also worked fine, one more round of applause. I was happy ,as well my confidence level was soaring and my wits started working very fast to gather/evaluate all the data and information so as to defend myself that I AM A TRUE PATRITOST.
I continued the debate little seriously without showing any sense of fun.

I generously donate a portion of my money (very little to say) or I actively involved in the corporate volunteer activities for under privileged people/Students .So that I will get the tax benefit for my IT and I proudly notify to all my friends, colleagues and relatives whenever a situation comes, so that they will mull over me as a generous contributor to the society.  In fact I don’t mind adding it in my resume so that my new employer will be so impressed with a noble guy like me to recruit, But AM I NOT DOING A GOOD JOB FOR THE COUNTRY ?? – So I AM A TRUIE PATRIOTSIT, donating my hard earned money/time for the betterment of my own society ….may be for a mutual benefit still..I AM A…

I see a little embarrassment in the faces of my friends (Including me) and I observed bunch of other young people in the restaurant also keenly observing our conversation.

I continued, without any destruction.

On Independence day/Republic day and on the day of National Heroes b’day, I will not forget to wear a tri color T-shirts/Shirt or at least I will manage to add some tri color to my dressing. Interestingly, On the day of Gandhi’s B’day/ cemetery day, I prefer to wear a white T-shirt with black Gandhi smiling image on it, so as to promote the peace in weekend resorts, multiplexes or shopping malls (Actually these are national holidays for my office so I used to plan all these programs way earlier).I try to take my lunch/dinner, which reflects my love on county along with watching a patriotism movie (Either downloaded from torrents or will buy a pirated copy in the market). Importantly, I will make sure that all the events happened that day should reflect in my Facebook/Orkut without failure. I used to post comments like “happy independence day”,”Proud to be an Indian “, “Jayho India” and so on to my social networking account. I used to send SMS to my entire friends list wishing for Iday/Rday (Considering that my mobile operator is not charging any extra for this) – But AM I DOING THE WRONG THING ??? - So I am a TRUE PATROTIST, expressing my love to the country and promoting the same as well.





I observed a grim atmosphere around us and to my surprise bunch of other people around us also listening to me seriously. We are with the food of what we have ordered. But I don’t see much enthusiasm in us as the time when we ordered the same thing a few minutes back.

I continued little emotionally with an increased pitch in my voice,

I spend at least 7 hrs in a week (mainly over lunch/snacks or tea/coffee) to discus about the situation of my country. I make sure that my discussion should reflect such that 30% time I spent on scolding politicians and 30% time comparing the deficiencies in my country with the development of other countries like China, Japan as well remaining 40% of time will be spent to shout on people/ burocrates for being so irresponsible. When I come out of the office I make sure to reach the home as soon as possible by jumping the signals, travelling over footpaths (I get irritated by the infrastructure in my city – very small footpaths to ride the bike very fast), riding in reverse direction in one way road……what not… to watch the new movie (either theatre or computer) or to catch up my friend or girl friend…..Still, I AM DOING SOME THING WRONG?? - So I am a true patrotist, spending considerable amount of time on discussing about situation of my own country and feel so sad emotionally for the problem what my country is facing.

Every day in the morning and also during the office hours I spent substantial time on reading national/international news, editorials, business sections and importantly movie news. I try to up to date myself regarding what is in and what is out happening, So that I will be prepared to discuss this in front of my friends or Girl friend to impress them or may be to improve my vocabulary for my GMAT/GRE exams or for group discussions/ debates……..….. Many times I used to share some of the interesting news with my friends also .I used to forward “Donation needed”, Poor infrastructure of country, new technology gadgets in the market …..emails to my friends– So am a true patriotist, I am aware of what is going on in my country as I am worried about my people and I try to educate the people about what is happening, so obviously AM A TRUE PATRIOTISTS.

Being an intruder, I always poke my nose into the others issues in fact I concentrate more on others rather than me. What are they doing, what are they buying, what are their accomplishments they are getting and what not??….and when comes to the situation of PRIVACY I always says that I need a full privacy to myself but I will make sure that this should be just a desire for the people in and around me. I give enormous lectures to OTHERS and I always teach my mind that, those instructions are always for OTHERS only. So AM A TRUE PATRIOTISTS, as am worried so much about my neighbors.

God, we are not eating the foodstuff….In fact we are just staring at it

I used to find a great amount of time to criticize the salary hike of MPs, Common wealth game Scams, poor leaders and inflation in the country. But I am very busy to cast my vote in any of the elections and being holder of valid voter Id for past couple of years, VOTER ID for me is a proof of document to get the credit card or personal loan. Interestingly, sometimes I criticize the society as responsible for poor voting statistics of 50-60%..

I never mind spending time on writing some blogs (yeah..I mean it) , facebooking so as to express my feelings to the society but I feel it is very hard to go out and help some villagers, students or needy.

For me democracy means FREEDOM OF SPEECH but I ignore the fact the democracy also gives the freedom OF doing some thing good. Who cares?? Speech doesn’t need any efforts, but work need.
I don’t know where, but I read an article saying that…. "prosperity of any democratic country depends on commitment of people...not on politicians, burocrates or film starts". Yeah, absolutely. And Recently some politician (I think Sharad pawar) made a statement that “Corruption is in our blood and no one can change", I agree with him.

It went on for almost for 30min and none of the one ate the food ,what we have ordered. I over looked the neighborhood people sitting around us and I can observe the sense of hush. None of my friends are looking at each other especially into the eyes. My tenor become little emotional and suddenly one of the fellow guy in restaurant in facet came over to me and said sorry and left, I didn’t asked why ?? while he was saying sorry none of my friends didn't’ lift their heads to see the faces of mine or them. I point out to the hotel servant to bring the bill and he brought it immediately . Interestingly the barer didn’t asked me about “WHY we hadn't ate any food". He is also looking grim.

Before I am about say a word ,all of my friend stood and moved to wards the exit. We were sharing three bikes (me alone ,2+2 on each) ad moved towards home. Till we reached the junction ,where we supposed to split our way no body left a word.

Once we reached the junction, I said bye to all and they replied bye and with a little pause they said SORRY…I didn’t asked why.

I went to home and after fresh up I went over to the bed and switched of the lights I closed my eyes and said SORRY to my self…and prayed the god asking to change my views ,perspectives and attitude ,which ultimately change the society.


*****SORRY*****SORRY*****SORRY*****SORRY*****SORRY****SORRY********
I am well aware that everyone in the country is running after their own problems. May be it is related to career, family, financial, education or anything…….But one have to understand the fact that, key for any ones decisive  problem lies with the prosperity of their owns society.

"It is sweet to serve one's country by deeds, and it is bizarre to serve her by words"

I am not going to give some fundas here...in fact we have been listening to them for past so many years and am not going to give a solution as well about what we need to do...because if you are at the point of reading this blog, you could better find it.And also am not going to clarify about what am going to do to correct my oversight….But I can tell one thing that, am going to do some thing good.


Disclosure :  I added series of events happened over my stay in Hyderabad, Chennai & Bangalore and most of them are happened in veracity. I am not sure why I took the examples of only above things ...may be because they often occurs around me or may be because I do them habitually ........ 


Thanks to - 


3 comments:

  1. U saying "DO something, instead of talking"...
    I like " and it is bizarre to serve her by words"...
    ...other view is that
    talking is also as importnat as you do real work...the way you talk the way you express can change millions of others to atleast think in ur way.......and thats how most of the people derive inspiration to listening to great people and to their lectures...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude..I agree with you for certain extent and thanks for ur comments.
    As far as I know ..it is become a habit for most of the people in India to give lectures and do nothing. It would be better if they follow what they are saying. We need to have some leaders and we should need to drive the country with their influence. I feel we had and having enough of those…starting from Gandhi till kalam…ENOUGH OF LEADERS and we don’t find the people to follow. It is something like 100crores leaders in the country to give directions and no one left to follow the same……..we can make a big difference with a collective effort. I heard that in Europe (or may be in US) people go to coaching canters and prepare rigoursley to pass the driving license exam where as in India we are so impatient and we need the license in 10 days…THAT’S FINE …but the same people comes out of the RTO office says that INDIA IS FULLY CORRUPTED….what’s the heck is that ?? how is responsible for it ??
    May be I am also wasting time here by spending time on blogs rather than really doing something good…but my intention here is push myself in to the well ( I promised something here and I ought to follow it so every time when I say a word or jump the signal I will remember about this blog and I will pull myself back  )

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY Ravi (One of my First frnds ovr there in Bng),

    Never thought tht it wud be such a great blog full of feelings and all. Nice writing Dud.

    I wud put my views over it. I know that m not 100 % right or 100 % wrong as nothing is perfect :)
    "I think it is quite hard to say what is right or wrong. Let me put an example. What do we think is the ultimate purpose of existence of ATOM Bomb. Is it to kill millions of people over thr @ Hiroshima. May be not. May be one day an asteroid approach earth to destroy whole of earth. That time scientists may think of implanting and blasting the asteroid by an ATOM Bomb before it reaches earth and thus saves billions of people. So an ATOM Bomb purpose is to save billions even if it destroys a million. So altogether it is quite hard to say whatever is going on is good or bad because things might behave as per chaos theory or butterfly effect. So the condition of India including corruption, poverty etc, one day may frustrate an anonymous and then he/she decides to do something great..It may be you :) and your may give rise to something miraculous that the whole world has not known yet and may be beneficial to whole of world. e.g. u may one day develop a perpetual motion machine or so, because u get so much frustrated from power cut in India :) So in a sense the condition of people in india may even cause something amazing which may be beyond the capability of mankind, if india were a rich country with no power cut. So it is also good that u r expressing ur thoughts in blog. This might even motivate a person to do something great. So I think, it is very hard to say what we do is right or wrong, because they may appear completely chaotic or even opposite in a long term.

    So thing is that we just need to keep ourselves busy in order to just pass our lives. Because there is no ultimate fate of anything :) If we won't keep ourselves busy, we might get bored of our lives. S o u kept busy many of ur frdns over there in ur mentioned restaurant + u kept busy writing this blog + I was busy reading this blog :)

    ReplyDelete